Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Worcester could suit Pitman

Jamie Pitman, the ex-Hereford United midfielder, might find a new club very close to home.

Speculation this morning that Worcester City could be in line to sign him as a replacement for Graham Hyde who moved on recently.

Yesterday Pitman told the Worcester News:

"I've got things in the pipeline. I'm sure something will be sorted out quickly and that's good for my own piece of mind.

"I want another challenge. If I could stay in the area, then great.

"There are clubs in this area that I can still travel without moving home.

"But if needs be, I may need to uproot and move a little bit. I'm still a good player and I believe in my own ability.

"I want to still be competing at a good level. I believe I can do that in League Two. Unfortunately, it is not going to be with Hereford."

About leaving Hereford Pitman admitted he was gutted.

"But that happens, it is part of football and I have to get on with it. I'm not going to get upset about it.

"I know the club have got to look forward and they don't see me in their plans.

"It's hard to take having been there for so long, having helped the club into the position they are in today, being involved and helping them to promotion.

"It's unfortunate that their plans don't include me. I wanted to stay at Hereford.

"I live in the town and it would have been great to stay and play the first game of the season. There would be a big crowd and everybody would be buzzing. I'll miss those type of things.

"It has not been the greatest of years for me. I was slightly injured before Christmas and without having a reserve side, it was always difficult to get games under my belt.

"Because I was not match-fit, it was always that more difficult to move back into the side.

"I've got the utmost respect for Graham Turner. He's always been brilliant to me.

"Graham knows what he wants. He's not daft. It's always a difficult decision when somebody has been at the club for a long time.

"In the position he is in, he cannot show emotion or have room for sentiment. He uses common sense in his decisions.

"I'm sure he did not enjoy having to make his decisions over me and Tony (James)

"I've had two great spells, finished runners-up three times and got promoted. How many people can say they have done that at this level?"