Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Friday, June 23, 2006

Guinan To Stay With Cheltenham

Notts County manager Steve Thompson has told their official website that Steve Guinan will remain a Cheltenham player.

Thompson publically named Guinan last week as a target, and the Bulls were also believed to be interested in their former striker, but the manager has admitted defeat in his efforts to take Guinan to Meadow Lane:

"Before I had my job interview for this job, I had to be armed with players I was going to bring in straight away. And to be fair, we've landed all the ones I have wanted, except Guinan who has told us now he will more than likely be staying at Cheltenham.

"I had targeted him and spoken to him. He was tempted to join us, but one factor was his partner is expected a baby any time soon so he was keen to stay in the area he was in, plus the challenge of playing in a Division higher was too much to resist.

"He told me had I taken the job two weeks earlier it was more than likely he would have joined us, but he is one to monitor during the season. We wish him well."