Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Connell's signing confirmed

Alan Connell has confirmed his move from Torquay to Hereford at today's Open Day at Edgar Street. He has signed a one year deal.



Alan Connell at the Open Day

"I'm delighted to have signed," Connell told Bulls News. "I'm delighted to have joined Hereford. A very well run club. They look after the players well which I'm delighted with - so are the other players as well.

"It's a real family club. Everyone gets on well. I think we're going to have a good season.

"I'm a Hereford United player and I'm very very pleased to be one."

Connell spoke about yesterday's game.

"I think Bristol City will get promoted. They been there or thereabouts for a number of years but with Gary Johnson in charge I think this will be their year.

"But we more than matched which is a good sign, especially in the first half.

He commented on Fleetwood's goal.

"It was a very good strike. A lot of us were practising free kicks on Friday and
not too many went in but he saved his best for Saturday."