Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Gulliver likes Turner's ambition

Phil Gulliver, who signed for Hereford United last monday, has been speaking about his move from Rushden and Diamonds to Edgar Street.



Phil Gulliver

"I left Rushden after we got relegated. I got a phone call one day from Graham Turner and he just asked what I wanted to do for the season," Gulliver told Bulls News.

"I liked his ambition so I came across and had a chat with him and signed here on Monday."

Gulliver made his first appearance for the Bulls yesterday.

"I think I got ten minutes at the end yesterday. I've only trained three or four days so the gaffer said I'd only get ten minutes at the end and hopefully get something against Forest Green and Cheltenham and be ready for the season."

Asked whether his arrival at Hereford might mean the formation of the team could be changed, Gulliver wasn't certain.

"It gives the gaffer an option to play a two or a three. Hopefully I'm here to push Tamika and Dean. So it will either be two from three or all three.

Yesterday Gulliver played on the right hand side.

"Normally I play on the left hand side. I'm right-footed but normally play on the
left side. Either or really."