Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Clean sheets since Ferrell's return

With the two on-loan midfield players recalled to their respective clubs, Andy Ferrell is happy to be back playing for Hereford United.

Ferrell was dropped when John Eustace and Neil MacKenzie came to Edgar Street and were manager Graham Turner's first choice for midfield.

However Ferrell, along with Luke Webb, was brought back for the FA Cup games against Shrewsbury and Port Vale as the loanees were cup-tied. And he has been made man of the match in Hereford's last two League games.

"I had never been named man of the match before, but it doesn't really matter to me," Ferrell told the Western Daily Press.

"As long as I am doing my job for the side and we are winning matches, that's what really matters.

"It has been a frustrating two to three months for me but I am back in the side along with Luke Webb and I don't think we have conceded a goal when we have played together. We are both young and long may it continue as far as I am concerned.

"Fresh legs bring a bit of enthusiasm to the team and we are only eight points off the top six.

"We have proved ourselves against Swindon and Milton Keynes Dons when we beat them.

"But every time we play teams below us, like Torquay and Boston, we make hard work of it.

"We have got to learn how to grind out results against those sort of sides."