Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Home Against Farsley Celtic On Saturday March 23rd Kick-Off 3.00pm

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Smith pleased with win

Ben Smith, the Hereford United stand-in captain, was pleased with last night's win at Lincoln.

"We knew that a team near the top of the league were going to come at us early," Smith told BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"In a lot of games whoever gets the first goal normally goes onto win and we knew that we might have to weather a bit of a storm.

"But in fact it went the other way and we started off really well, got one goal up and took it from there."

Meanwhile the Lincoln manager wasn't too happy.

"People know I like to keep a level head," said John Schofield. "But I'm disappointed with last night's result. In fact, I'm hurting like hell.

"But we created a lot of chances, probably enough to win the game."

However he did think the referee's decision to send off a Lincoln player was correct.

"I didn't think the decision was harsh, I thought it was a spot-on.

"It was merited and I have got no problem with that at all."