Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Monday, March 26, 2007

Brown defends himself against sending-off

Former Hereford United striker David Brown has defended himself against being shown a red card late in the game at Accrington last Saturday. Earlier he had scored against his old club.

"It was nice to score a goal. I'm happy that we've won the game. I'm just gutted with the sending off and that it's ended in that way," Brown told the Lancashire press.

"It's nice to play against your old teams and I've got a bit of a knack of scoring against them as well, but it's a first to get sent off against one of them.

"It's never been a sending off.

"I've fouled the lad, yes. I've brought him down. But I've not gone with any intent to smash him.

"There were so many reasons why it wasn't a sending off. To say that it was serious foul play I think is very harsh. Hopefully we will be able to appeal and get it overturned."