Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Monday, May 21, 2007

Ex-Bulls Watch

Former Bulls pair Paul Harrison and Chris Lane have been released by Southport. Harrison was the keeper that came on for Wayne Brown on the opening day of the season as Glyn Thompson was injured, while full back Lane played 60 times for the Bulls in a two and a half year stay until January 2001.

Former goalkeeper Tony Elliott is poised to quit as assistant boss at Workington to seek a coaching position with a bigger club. Elliott, who made 75 league appearances over four years, splits his time between the Reds, his goalkeeper coaching school, and work with the Cumberland FA but has informed boss Tommy Cassidy that he may not be at the club next season.

Chris Hargreaves intends to carry on playing after being axed by Oxford at the age of 35. The former Bulls midfielder told the Oxford Mail: "If it was down to money then I could have gone to another club ages ago. I'm devastated, though, that I couldn't leave on a high note. I still feel I have a lot to offer the game. I want to carry on playing as long as I can at the highest possible level."

Hargreaves rejected a January move to Kidderminster, but is in talks with a number of clubs.