Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sills Signs For Torquay

Tim Sills has signed for Torquay United on a two year deal.

The much anticipated departure of Sills from Edgar Street has been confirmed by Torquay, with the striker telling their official site: "Everything about Torquay is on the up, it's a good club, there has been a change in management and they wanted me. I've come down and looked at the area and it's a great place to be, down by the seaside, who wouldn't be happy!

"I had a few options open to me but I moved my family last year and it had to be right for all of us, the decision had to be right both on the football side and for my family. I am 100 per cent sure I have made the right choice and I am delighted to be here."

Manager Paul Buckle added: "I'd be reluctant to say we have got the best strike force, I'm just delighted with the players I have brought in. There is a good range of striker there and I have got faith that they will do the job for us. There is no decision made now on who will start the season up front. Whoever is doing the business will stay in the team I'm not keen on rotation and whoever is in form will play."

Sills has joined Torquay over the likes of Rushden, Aldershot, and Stevenage after scoring just twice in 43 appearances for the Bulls. He is the tenth Gulls signing of the summer, joining fellow ex-Bull Chris Hargreaves at Plainmoor.