Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, August 25, 2007

I've never had the pleasure at St Andrews says Smith

Ben Smith has played several Carling Cup games at various grounds for different clubs in his career and is looking forward to Tuesday's round two game against Birmingham City.

"I've never had the pleasure there. At my age I never thought I would so it's a great experience for us," Smith told BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"The Yeovil result was a great result and a great performance and I think we've earnt the tie.

"We deserve to go to St Andrews and enjoy ourselves. I wouldn't imagine they will play their full side so if they do take any liberties then we might be able to take advantage.

"Even if we don't it will be great experience for all the younger players like Lionel and Theo and Toumani who have obviously got asperations to play at a higher level and no doubt they will. This will be a good chance to test themselves against better players."

Smith said he had read Karren Brady's words about Hereford United and he encourged Hereford supporters to go to the game.

"We need all the help we can get! So as many fans as can get there, the support will be much appreciated.

"You never know - not many people expected us to beat Yeovil so why not.