Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Warnock has lot of respect for Turner

For the second time recently former Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock has gone out of his way to heap praise on Hereford United manager Graham Turner.

In his 'What I've Learnt This Week' column in the Independent he writes about his manager of the year so far.

"For my manager of the year so far you have to look to the Fourth Division – sorry, I can't get used to all the name changes, I mean League Two. I'm thinking of Graham Turner, at Hereford," wrote Warnock.

"I met Graham at a function a few months ago. I told him how much respect I had for what he's done. People may recall he left Wolves in 1994. The following year he took over at Hereford but he couldn't stop them falling into the Conference. He ended up, when the chips were down, buying the club and taking over as chairman. Now they are back in the League and pushing for promotion. I can't get over what how well he has done, and I don't think anyone can meet a nicer man. And that's not so common in the modern game. Maybe that why I've had a decent career."