Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Shrews Boss Denies Crisis

Shrewsbury boss Gary Peters has denied that there is a crisis at the New Meadow, after the club collected just three points from the last 21.

Their last win came six weeks ago against a then struggling Accrington, who were reduced to ten men just after half time. Since that game they've earned points against Wycombe, Bury, and bottom club Mansfield who played the second half with just ten men.

"It's not a crisis, it's a run of bad results and it will get better" he told the Shropshire Star: "I'm as positive as I have ever been. Pressure is what you make it and I don't worry about that sort of thing because nobody puts more pressure on me than I do.

"Nobody can break my spirit or the players spirit. They are young players and they are getting better and better - it’s just a case of getting the confidence back into them. If there was a doubt in my mind that I was the right person for the job, I wouldn’t be doing it.

"We have had two years and 11 months of going forward and one month of bad results. It's funny because my dad has always said to me from the time I came into football that October has always been a bad month for me as a player or manager. Thankfully, we haven't got to play another game (this month)."