Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Monday, March 23, 2009

Abbott: “A massive game for the football club”

Carlisle boss Greg Abbott sees tomorrow's match as one of the biggest for the Cumbrians for several years, telling the News and Star:

"The seriousness is there for all to see now. We have shied away from it a bit because we were in a good position. That position has gradually got worse. Now we have to face up to the fact and remind the players of what they are up against and the task ahead of them. There is no hiding from it.

"I still think we have got a good enough side to get out of it, but we have got to be tougher, not make mistakes, defend set-pieces and protect our goal better than we did at Southend. If we don't, we are going to be in serious trouble.

"I'd be lying if I said I'm not feeling under pressure. I want my team to play better than that. For whatever reason, we weren't good enough. We looked a bit sorry for ourselves, not as tough as I want my sides to be.

"I hate the term 'six-pointer' but there is no shying away from it - we have to get a result against Hereford. That is the message. It is a massive game for the club and we aim to make sure we are prepared, roll our sleeves up and be ready to die for this football club."

Carlisle will be without two key players for the game. Central defenders Peter Murphy and Danny Livesey will both miss out, with full back David Raven likely to be forced to fill in.