Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Friday, March 27, 2009

Ainsworth looks forward to Hereford Match

Former Bull Lionel Ainsworth is looking forward to his return to Edgar Street tomorrow.

"It will be exciting to go back to Hereford from my own point of view," Ainsworth told the Huddersfield OS.

"If it is a ground you have never been to, you immediately notice the great atmosphere. It isn't the biggest of grounds, but they really make the best of what they have down there and they will make it a tough game for us.

"You are never down until it is mathematically possible and their win on Tuesday night has given them a real chance of survival. It would be easy to crumble and just think that they are down, but I still obviously know a few of their players and they are doing very well at the moment - they are keeping their heads up.

"Hereford is a nice, relaxing place and everyone seems to know one another. The town is full of polite people and they all wish you the best when they spot you in the town, which is exactly what happens in Huddersfield too.

"I have spoken to Fabien Brandy, their loanee from Manchester United, on a few occasions and have seen him play too. Hereford have a few silent assassins - all their players are decent and wouldn't be playing in this League if they didn't have quality.

"I was very happy at Hereford - it was the best possible career move for me to join them from Derby. Hereford gave me the chance to play football and the fans really took to me and I have gone onto bigger things because of my spell there. I enjoyed my loan spell there this season as well and I was a little sad to leave, but I had to move on.

"I said to my brother earlier this week that if I do score this weekend, I would be happy inside but I wouldn't celebrate. I have respect for the Hereford fans, just as I think they have respect for me."