Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Clark happy with win

Huddersfield manager Lee Clark was more than pleased with his side's 1-0 win over Hereford United this afternoon.

"I am delighted to win away from home in the manner we did, with a clean sheet. I said earlier in the week that I have seen the belief coming back into the players and I am certain that everyone saw that today as we created some good opportunities," Clark told the Huddersfield OS.

"Our goalkeeper pulled off some great saves today, but at one stage I thought the game was coming down to a competition between their goalkeeper and Anthony Pilkington - he just kept taking shots at goal. I thought the team showed real grit, determination and character."

Clark made mention of the good support for the Terriers at Edgar Street.

"The following today was fantastic as it's a big journey down here. They seemed to be enjoying themselves - I think taking your shirt off is a northern thing! I hope we helped them enjoy their day and everyone at the club should be proud of the supporters we have - they are fantastic both home and away. I have to thank them once again."