Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Smith Missed Automatic Contract

In an interview with the Hereford Times, published today, Ben Smith revealed he missed an automatic contract renewal by just one game.

His exisiting deal, signed in January 2007, would have been extended if he had made 30 starts in the past season - but he made just 29 despite starting nine of the final ten matches. He tells the paper he already has another offer on the table:

"I have had one concrete offer, with was better than Hereford, from another club. It's a full-time club and it's definitely an option. I've had a few other enquiries. It's still very early and, at the moment, I want to keep my options open."

"But if I do leave Hereford I would like to stay in the Midlands or move back to Essex."