Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Trewick Confirms Purdie/Myrie Williams Talks

Bulls boss John Trewick, speaking to the official site, confirmed he did speak to Rob Purdie prior to the versatile ex-Bull joining Oldham:

"One player I wanted to sign was Rob Purdie, but he told me on Thursday he was going to join another club. I’m a little bit disappointed in that because I thought we had a good chance of Rob coming back, and I had a specific job in mind for Rob had he come here, but that’s gone now so we’ll move onto somebody else."

He also confirmed interest in loanee Jennison Myrie-Williams: "I'm very interested in Jennison, I've spoken to him and he's told me that he's waiting to see what develops which is fair enough, and I've asked him to keep me informed."

Trewick also speaks about some of the released players, saying that Dean Beckwith "probably needed a change", Jack McLeod was "a decent right back, right side midfield, but Sam Gwynne can do the same job and I felt it would be duplicating positions", and Michael D'Agostino struggled with injuries: "we didn’t have enough to go on to offer him a new contract."

The interview, in text form, is currently available on the official site, with the full video due to be uploaded later.