Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Crewe keeper linked with Hereford

Another goalkeeper has been linked with a move to Edgar Street and this time there does seem to be some credence in the report.

The keeper named is 32 year old Stuart Tomlinson who has recently been released by Crewe.

"I have had a few inquiries, although there has been no definitive offer on the table," Tomlinson told the Sentinal.

"I had one from a club down south and if I have to move down there I will. There has also been some interest from League One teams, but that was with a view to me being a back-up to another keeper and I want to play as much as possible."

"It wasn't really a surprise when Crewe didn't offer me a new deal.

"I knew it was on the cards towards the end of the season. I'd been talking to the club about another contract, but when the new boss came in I had a bit of a nightmare in his first game. Then he brought in a loan keeper and I was out of the team."

Tomlinson had to undergo cruciate ligament surgery in 2008.

Meanwhile 16 year old centre-back John-Paul Budd from Bryntirion is understood to be having a trial at Edgar Street.