Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Friday, April 30, 2010

Where next for Ainsworth?

Former Hereford United winger Lionel Ainsworth faces an uncertain future. Sent out on loan from Huddersfield to Brentford, he reportedly didn't take kindly to be substituted last Saturday by Bees manager Andy Scott.

Ainsworth played for the Bees reserves last Monday and claimed he was going to apologise to Scott for his poor reaction after being subbed.

"He didn't tell me personally," said Ainsworth.

"I got a call from my agent after the reserve game on Monday to say they didn't want me back, so I didn't have a chance to apologise in person.

"I'm going to go back to Huddersfield now and get my head down.

"I came to Brentford to play games, but I made just one start, and that was with three games left.

"It's not enough, and I don't know why he didn't pick me."