Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Monday, November 22, 2010

We need a win against Hereford says Turner

After dropping two points last Saturday against Southend, Shrewsbury Town manager Graham Turner has said that it's vital to get three points tomorrow against Hereford United.

"We'll have to work harder than last Saturday," Turner told the Shrewsbury OS. "Perhaps we're having a little bit of a sticky time recently. We're conceeding the odd chance and the opposition are scoring.

"I've played against former clubs before. I think it is other people that make it a bigger issue than it really is.

"I'm obviously aware of a few players at Hereford that we left there who are apparantly doing okay despite their league position.

"I was there for 15 years, I don't like to see them struggle. There are a lot of good people there.

"In the end you want the teams in the locality to be League sides. We spent long enough in the Conference so I wouldn't like to condemn them to that again.

"I think a lot of teams will come here and do that (to frustrate us) particularily knowing we pass the ball. But Hereford have one or two decent forward players that we'll be aware of.

"They had a run up until Saturday where they went quite a number of games without defeat. Whether Saturday's defeat at Lincoln knocks their confidence remains to be seen.

"They've got a big FA Cup game again against Lincoln this coming weekend. Their minds might be on that.

"There are one or two players who worked with John Trewick and myself, maybe it means a bit more to them than a normal match.

"As far as I'm concerned it's just another game where we have to take the three points."