Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, November 27, 2010

We were always in the game - Purdie

Winger Rob Purdie, who scored Hereford's first goal this afternoon, felt that the Bulls were always in the game despite going in at half-time 1-0 down.

"I said at half time this had probably got a draw written all over it," Purdie told BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"I was confident we would score. If we had scored a little bit earlier we might have been able to put a bit of pressure on them and snatch a win.

"Their second goal and our first goal shouldn't really have happened. We've come back from a goal down both times which is promising.

"I thought we passed it well at times so we just need to work on the little errors."

Fleetwood missed a penalty but made one later when he was brought down.

"He's confident, if he had got the ball for the second penalty then I don't think anyone would have argued. He doesn't miss many, but Manny put the second one away really well."

After Lincoln went 2-1 ahead they appeared content.

"I think they were happy to sit back and try and defend which, to be fair, away from home you are probably going to do. Which is why we thought we were always in the game."

And Hereford's second penalty?

"No doubt at all, stone-wall.

"Bauza and Manny wanted it. I think Manny grabbed the ball. I think I was fourth choice. I was ready in case they dropped it and ran off but I can't really come here on loan and call the shots.

"It was a good penalty. Manny is a goal scorer at the moment and he is great for us."