Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Lawrence explains his Role at Edgar Street

Hereford United's technical director Lennie Lawrence has given a long interview to Richard Prime of the Hereford Times. In it he explains what his role at Edgar Street will be.

"I’m not on the board, I’m here in purely a football capacity," he said.

"Of course, I will talk to the board and advise them on recruitment and wages.

"They seem to have a fairly good handle on that but I’m sure that I can have an input there.

"Jamie is the manager, I will do what I did with Paul Trollope and where there are gaps I will fill them in. For example, at Bristol Paul did two-thirds of the coaching and I did a third of it.

"I will sit in the dug-out with Jamie, as regards selection, tactics and substitutions then he will have the last say but I will obviously be quite hands-on and I will be getting my opinion in and we’ll see where we go from there.

"He is the manager, he picks the team and he decides on the personnel and the way we play but I will have an input in that and in the training as well and in the management issues."