Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, September 24, 2011

I'm glad to get 90 minutes - Stam

Hereford United supporters were pleased to see defender Stefan Stam warming up at Whaddon Road this afternoon, and even more pleased when it was announced he would be starting the game.

He has missed the last few weeks and his return helped to steady the defence.

"I was injuried for the last four or five weeks and the first few minutes I was blowing!" Stam told BBC Hereford and Worcester after the game.

"I'm just glad to get ninety minutes and to get a result especially after what we did last week. The clean sheet was important."

Stam played alongside Ryan Green in the center of defence with Michael Townsend warming the bench.

"Ryan is a good player. He's got the pace. He's good in the air for a smaller fellow.

"He's knows what he is doing. He's not going to make stupid mistakes. Just a quality player. He's easy to play alongside.

"I'm happy we got a clean sheet so we can build on that."

Keith Hall asked Stam if his injury , which he sustained at AFC Wimbledon, might re-occur.

"I hope not, I don't know yet.

"It feels good now. I hope it stays good like this now."

Finally Stam was asked about being captain.

"I like it. If I'm captain or not I play the same way.

"I'm a moaner that's the only thing. May be when I'm captain I listen a bit more.

"But if something goes wrong I just need to say something. Players got a bit annoyed but that's the way it is."