Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Monday, September 26, 2011

A View From The Neutral Zone

Journalist Jeff Taplin covers the South West for The Sun, and Saturday was his first assignment to feature the Bulls this season.

His blog gives a lot more insight and player quotes than his short piece in the paper, catching Delroy Facey after the game:

"Delroy Facey told me that he and his Hereford team mates had “a little base to build on now” after picking up a first point in four games and I think he’s right.

"I 'tweeted' on a regular basis for the first time during a game on Saturday and while it was a complete pain in the bum (as I seemed to spend too much time tapping away rather than watching the game), I remember making the point that confidence seemed to be growing in the Bulls camp as the game wore on. On reflection, I think I got that one right (the tweeting is another matter though and I might have to rethink that one!).

"I also chatted to both Delroy and keeper David Cornell about the pressure Jamie Pitman is under from some fans (definitely not all given the superb support by 370 in the away end) and both were fully behind their boss.

"It’s interesting to note how the local newspaper and the board are behind Pitman and yet some supporters aren’t. In my experience the dreaded vote of confidence given to an under-fire manager becomes worthless as soon as the directors find out he’s lost the dressing room.

"Equally, those managers who manage to pull back from the abyss do so because players like Facey and Cornell are fully behind them."

The full blog is here.

Meanwhile, former Bulls midfielder Ben Smith has started a column for Total Football magazine. His first piece is here.