Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, September 24, 2011

We're happy with a point - Barkhuizen

On loan winger Tom Barkhuizen hopes that the draw with Cheltenham Town this afternoon will kick-start the season for the Bulls.

"They are a good side and we're happy to come away with a point," Barkhuizen told BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"I haven't really played in a 4-4-2 for many years but I've come here and Pits has told me to play out wide and I'm enjoying it.

"Running with the ball, linking with the players, the players know my game and I know theirs. It's working really well.

Asked how tough life has been this week after the 6-1 defeat last Saturday, Barthuizen said that the lads were a bit down on Monday.

"Pits has kept our spirits high because we are all under pressure here and we're all trying to work hard. A few double sessions, doing a bit of fun in training.

"So we're happy to get the point at the end of the week."

The youngster who is on loan from Blackpool had a chance early in the second half.

"To be honest I couldn't really see it. The player was stood right in front of me and it's gone through his legs. I looked round and the keeper's got hold of it.

"It was nice to have a shot. I was hoping it would go in or we would get a re-bound.

"At the end of the day 0-0 is a good point for us."