Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pitman incensed by Referee's Decisions.

Referee David Phillips came in for some strong criticism from Hereford United manager Jamie Pitman after his saw his side lose 5-4 at Gillingham this evening.

Pitman was incensed by several decisions by the West Sussex based official.

"I'm in a daze at the moment," said Pitman.

"I've got to calm down, I've to go and see the referee.

"Decisions the referee has made - I thought it was a sending off on Sam Clucas. An absolutely disgraceful tackle.

"And how he can not warrant that that's a goal scoring opportunity at the last is beyond me.

"Things like that cost people their jobs

"Ultimately it could cost me my job."

Late in the game the Bulls were awarded a penalty when the Gills keeper was adjudged to have brought Tom Barkhuizen down. The referee only gave the keeper a yellow card. The Gills had already used their three subs. However Rob Purdie's spot-kick was tipped over the bar. (Purdie's nose was broken during the game)

"It's an absolute disgrace. It's the worst decision I've ever seen. It's an absolute joke.

"It's cost us massively. It's cost us three points."