Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Good Workout says Foyle


This afternoon's friendly against Everton provided Hereford United with a 'good workout' according to manager Martin Foyle.

"I thought 0-0 was a bit unfair," Foyle told BBC Hereford and Worcester's Keith Hall.

"They had a couple of chances but I thought we had a lot more.

"I thought we looked organised, hard to beat. I knew we would tire because we've had a very hard week and I think it showed on some.

"The defence has been absolutely spot-on, all of them.

"Stef didn't play much of a part today, Heathy trying to play minutes from a long injury, the same with Bruno. They need minutes on the pitch.

"It's very hard as I'm trying to work for two weeks ahead but I've got to make sure the players get enough time under their belts."

Both Bowman and Carruthers took knocks this afternoon.

"Bowman was concussed a little bit. He took a whack and we will have to see the extent of that.

"We are still very short on numbers. With one or two injury prone players who haven't played a lot of football, you're really looking at 16.

"So I'm looking to bring in probably one or two more at the right time.

"Looking at the game on Tuesday at Westfields yes I'll probably bring another three or four in to have a good look at.

"We know what our financial restraints are this year and it's going to be very very hard. Hopefully next year will be a different ball game and I can look at things differently.

"At the moment things are tight and we've got to get on with it."