Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hereford Fan Playing For Gloucester


A Hereford United supporter will set foot on Edgar Street this evening, not for the Bulls but for the Tigers.

19 year old defender Sam Rawlings used to watch the Bulls with his Dad but last summer he joined Gloucester City who travel to Hereford for this evening's pre-season friendly.

"I watched them a lot last time they were in the Conference," Rawlings told the Citizen.

"They finished second a few years running so it was a relief when they went up.

"Lots of my mates are Hereford fans and they're coming to watch the game so it would be great to get a win.

"I've not played at Edgar Street since I was little. I played there for the under-nines and under-tens but I've never scored there so that's something I'd love to do."

Meanwhile the friendly will give Martin Foyle another chance to look at a handful of trialists.

Reports on BN and the HT that the Hereford manager had made two signings yesterday later turned out to be incorrect. It's now thought only Ryan Bowman has signed.

This evening's game kicks-off at 7.45pm.