Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Allardyce 'Shocked' By Facey News


Delroy Facey Being Interviwed By BBC Sport After His Last Game At Edgar Street In May 2012 - BN Pic
West Ham manager Sam Allardyce has told the Daily Mail that he is shocked to hear that Delroy Facey could be involved with match fixing. Allardyce signed Facey whilst he was manager at Bolton.

"You can tell I'm shocked by my reaction," said Allardyce 

"I’d heard the news on the radio while driving this morning but I didn’t realise any names had been linked. Wow. 

"I remember Delroy. He did well against us for Huddersfield in a cup game and we did the usual thing, getting our scouts to keep an eye on him.

"He didn’t quite make it to the top but I thought he had a good career. He might have been frustrated that he wasn’t as successful as he wanted to be. He was a powerhouse. Lots of pace and strength."

Meanwhile Lincoln manager Gary Simpson has said that he reported a game to the FA because he suspected match-fixing.

"I must admit I have been involved in games where you think something is not right and I certainly flagged one of them up. I was involved in a game, I don’t want to say where it was, but there were two penalties given against us. I was told there had been an irregular betting pattern on it during the game and before the game.

"I flagged that up. We heard from the authorities that it was correct and there had been an irregular betting pattern in the game."