Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Lack Of Fight Today Said Foyle


After an abject display against Woking this afternoon, Hereford United manager Martin Foyle suggested his players might not be as good as they think they are.

"It was one of those games, there was absolutely nothing in it, no excitement," Foyle told BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"We had a free kick in a good area, got caught short, players on the edge of the box not doing their jobs.

"They go and break and they go and score.

"It was poor quailty by Frankie and it happened on the next goal after that as well.

"Tried to play inside - stick the ball in the box, we've got some height and we've got some penetration. We look dangerous at set pieces.

"I don't know, whether it's the case we think we are better than what we are.

"I've just said to the players you're nowhere near good enough for the next level.

"It's not me being harsh, it's me being honest and brutal with them.

"There was a lack of fight, I thought the mid-field two were very very poor today. Didn't influence anything but they have been good. But today they were well out of sorts.

"I've tried to go 4-4-2 to have a good go, play with two wingers to open up and show some attacking intent.

"It wasn't the defenders. I took Joel off at half-time, I felt sorry for Joel because he's an honest lad but the others let him down today."

Frankie Artus With Manager Martin Foyle Praying? In The Dug-Out
Foyle spoke about the quality of his squad.

"We had more quality last year and quality is getting thinner and thinner as the months go on.

"But that's the position I'm in.

"I've been let down for, probably, the first time today."

Foyle agreed that there had been some improvement in the second half.

"I thought we pressed them more in their half.

"But if people had done their jobs and were disciplined then we would have been in the game but there were some bad, bad individual performances today."

There were no youth team players on the bench today.

Rhys Evans Keeping The Sun Out Of His Eyes
"On the bench today was a half-fit Luke Graham, Rhys Evans isn't fit but we had him on the bench.

"When Damon  (Lathrope) came on, he gave us that little bit of quality.

"But I didn't start him today because he's on four bookings and I wanted him more for the Nuneaton game.

"That's my decision and I know it would be the right one."