Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Brown Thanks Foyle For Giving Him a Chance


Jon Brown
Hereford United goal scorer Jon Brown was interviewed on BT Sport just after the game ended.

"It was my first game for four or five weeks, I'm just grateful to the gaffer (Martin Foyle) for giving me a chance tonight.

"Hopefully we can go on from here.

"All we can do is work hard on the pitch and the gaffer has had a chat with us as well.

"Hopefully we can stick together as a group and push on from here in the second half of the season."

Later Keith Hall spoke to Brown for BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"I'm buzzing," said Brown.

"I thought all the boys were terrific and I thought we throughly deserved the three points in the end."

Brown scored his goal after winger Micah Evans had passed several FGR players before crossing the ball.

"I think he did it all game long, putting balls into good areas."

As for his goal.

"I had Josh O'Keefe coming behind me and was going to leave it at one point.

"But I thought no, I got my head over the ball and thankfully it went to the bottom corner for me." 

Forest Green pushed Hereford in the second half.

"The back four were tremendous, O'Keefe as well.

"The gaffer made the point before the game that if we took the work-rate from the Cambridge game and the second half at Kidderminster into this game then hopefully we could get three points and we proved that."

Danny Leadbitter came on as a sub after his two match suspension.

"It was a bit harsh the two game suspension for himself but Dom Collins has done tremendous as well. There's going to be competition for places."

Finally thanks to the fans.

"They were awesome tonight especially towards the end, like a twelve man.

"A few of us were tired especially me having been out for five weeks.

"Hopefully they will stick with us until the end of thje season."