Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

More From Lloyd-Weston


The BBC have published more comments from Daniel Lloyd-Weston: 

"The money I'm owed might not sound too substantial to some people but, as a percentage of what I am owed contractually, it is a lot. I need it to survive, to put food on the table."

"We had that high on April 26th. Then we haven't heard anything from the club. We were then told we'd receive an email every week to notify us of the situation and we haven't received one.

"I just think what's the point of making promises if they're not going to keep them. It's unfair and unjust how the club have treated this. It's not like I'm asking for the earth. I'm not a £100,000 a week player from the Premier League. I'm on the equivalent of a minimum wage.

"Some lads have got mortgages and children. We kept our end of the bargain. We stayed and did the job. If this was any other club they'd have struggled to put a team out. Anywhere else, the lads would have walked."

"I'm disappointed as I've grown really attached to the club and I saw a future here. I had the hunger and desire to do well but my hands have been tied.

"The off-field issues have been well documented and I'm now looking to further my career at another club."

The audio interview is on the BBC website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27606832