Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Monday, September 29, 2014

Proposal For Fans Reunited Day At Hereford


Chris Webb is the President of Plymouth Argyle and has been watching what's been happening at Hereford United with great interest.

Hi there.
My name is Chris and for my sins I am the President of the greatest team in the World (although I am sure a few Bulls fans will disagree), Plymouth Argyle.

Some of you may be aware that in 2011, Argyle were in administration and nearly fell out of the Football League and more importantly came within millimetres of liquidation.

We, like you were able to unite the supporters behind the Fans’ Trust and a fundraising Organisation named The Green Taverners. We raised thousands of pounds to support the unpaid staff and players whilst creating a hostile, passionate and innovative campaign that ultimately saved Argyle.
We did many of the same things that I am sure your Trust is undertaking – Putting pressure on the media, using social media, coordinating activity via fans forums, match day protests (although hard given the boycott, I know) and ultimately threatening to legally and peacefully picket the properties of the main characters involved in the administration.

Eventually. After 10 long, hard and bitter months a local man, James Brent stepped forward and saved the Club.

The purpose of my post is to highlight what was a key moment. Towards the end of administration, A Fans Reunited event was organised by Brighton (An Argyle fan originally started Fans United to help save Brighton in the 90s). Hundreds of supporters from Clubs across the UK came to Plymouth for a day that anyone present will never forget. We held a big fans meeting followed by the game, which Argyle won. That Unity and solidarity will stay with Argyle fans forever. Pompey and other Clubs have also seen fans reunited days held for them.

For me, though, no plight is as desperate as your own. I have always seen Hereford as a proper Football Club. A Football League Club. I know how much Argyle means to me. I know therefore how much the Bulls mean to you. Players, Managers and Boards come and go. Hereford United is alive because whilst its fans via the Trust keep faith then it never dies.

I would very much like to work with your trust and organise a Fans Reunited day for Hereford. We could perhaps have a big supporters meeting, march to the ground and then protest outside the gates at 3pm on the day of a match.

Football isn’t about players on £200,000 a week it is about normal working people standing on the terraces at Edgar Street spending their hard earned money supporting a Club that means everything to them.

Let’s get this idea off the ground (I have already written about in a Plymouth paper) and lets contact every Club in the land. Hereford United cannot die and Football needs to show it cares. I look forward to hearing for your Trust. You can follow bits I am doing for you on twitter @Chris_Webb1

From the Pilgrims to the Bulls……..Keep the Faith.