Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Thursday, September 25, 2014

"The Only Unbeaten Manager In Conf North"


Rob Purdie has spoken to the Tamworth Herald about his brief time in caretaker charge at the Lambs:

"I never ever wanted to be a manager but I started to coach a youth team in Hereford and that gave me a bit of a taste for it. Then I was given this opportunity and I really enjoyed it.

"It has only been enjoyable because the lads have been supportive. Had we had a faction of say four or five players who didn't like what was going on, it would have been difficult and not enjoyable. But the team spirit here is fantastic and that made it a happy role for me to do."

The 31 year old continues as a player for the Lambs with their FA Cup campaign starting on Saturday with a match against Rushall Olympic, who feature ex-Bull Tony Capaldi in their ranks after he left the Lambs in the summer.