Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Ferrell Rebuilding After Prison


Former Bull Andy Ferrell is rebuilding his life after his release from prison.

Now 31, Ferrell was released from jail eight months ago after two years inside for a drug dealing conviction. He told the Chronicle about the gambling addiction that saw him make 'a mistake':

“I’m not a criminal, I’m just a normal lad. I got caught up in that and now it’s something I have got to live with. I did throw everything away, but I’m not going to sit here and feel sorry for myself. I have made a mistake, there’s no one else to blame, but I want to get my life back on track. Until the day I die Newcastle United and football will be my life. And I’m back in football now, and that’s when I’m happiest."

Pic - Bedlington Terriers
Ferrell is now manager of Bedlington Terriers, having been appointed less than a week ago, after the previous manager won just one of 14 games in charge. Ferrell told the club's website: “I will be ringing my old manager Martin Foyle for a bit of advice. Advice is something you either take or you don’t, and I like to listen.”

He also says he is in control of his addiction, telling the paper: “I’m a big believer that you can’t cure gambling. To this day I still put a bet on. But I have got control over my gambling now.

“I’ll never risk going back to jail again. It’s just not worth waking up on Christmas morning in a cell. I’m busy now and I have got a lot to do. I have got to make the best out of a bad situation."