Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Monday, December 28, 2015

We Took Our Foot Off The Pedal Said Willets



Mustapha Bundu On Top, Jamie Willets And John Mills
Hereford FC defender Jamie Willets felt that the players had taken their feet off the pedal following their first goal which he scored.

"I was really happy with my goal which put us one nil up," Willets told BN.

Willet's Shot Heads For Goal
Willets Celebrates With Bundu And Mills
"It was a good start but unfortunately for us we took our foot right off the pedal after that and we were really slack for the remainder of that half. It wasn't good enough by our standards.

"Deservedly so they got their equaliser, they worked really really hard. They played some really good stuff in the first half.

"I don't think we helped ourselves really. Even though we went in 3-1 up at half time it wasn't to our standards.

"But second half we put in a much better performance.

"Really, really happy, we've got another three points and whilst it's nice for me to get a goal all I care about is three points at the end of the day."

The team talk at half time seemed to make a difference?

"It was addressed that we were not good enough and we created a lot more chances second half.

"Their sending off did help a little bit but we were on the up by that time."

Willets has played in every League game since he joined Hereford from Stourport. And he's been on the winning side every time. His record at Stourport was nearly as good.

"I played seven games at Stourport and we won six. My last game at Stourport we lost to Coleshill so if you take that one away...

"My season is going absolutely fantastic, I started off like a house on fire for Stourport and the team did as well.

"Then I got a great move to a great club, to Hereford, and this winning run I'm thrilled to bit with it.

"All we've got to do now is move onto the next one, AFC Wulfrunians away, lovely pitch, lovely set-up and let's hope we can get another win."