Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Jenkins Thanks Merthyr


Steve Jenkins - BN Pic
Steve Jenkins, who joined Hereford FC as coach earlier this week, has thanked Merthyr for his time in charge.

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody at the club for their fantastic support during my two years at the club," Jenkins told the Merthyr OS.

“It was a great two years and I’ll never forget the Bank Holiday weekend when we won the league and clinched promotion back to the Southern Premier.

“Last season, we had our tough moments but we got through them together, and to win the Southern League Cup and finish the season in tenth was a great achievement for everyone involved in the club from supporters, board members, staff and players who were magnificent.

Gavin Williams - BN Pic
“It was an incredibly difficult decision to leave and it was something I agonised over a number of weeks, but I think it’s the right decision for the club and myself. I would also like to wish Gavin (Williams) all the very best in his new role and I am sure everyone will give him and Ashley the support to take the club forward.”