Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Two Good Teams Out There Said Williams


Peter Beadle And Gavin Williams Just Before Kick-Off
Gavin Williams started his career at Edgar Street. This afternoon he returned to the ground as manager of Merthyr Town, came on as a substitute and lifted the HFA Senior Cup.

"Obviously it's nice to be back," Williams told BN.

"It's nice to win the game but I thought there were two good teams out there today.

"I'm sure Hereford will do well in their league. It was good to have a good game. Considering it's our last pre-season I thought it was a really good test for us.

"We started well, we started on the front foot but to be fair I think the game was a bit false. Hereford had a lot of players missing, we've had players missing so both teams were patched up teams really.

"But it was good to get a game and get the win."

It's not the first time Williams has been back to Edgar Street.

"I've been back here with Yeovil and got booed

"I owe a lot to Hereford, this is where my career started and I'll always have fond memories of this place."

Williams was asked that given Ryan Green and Steve Jenkins have jumped ship were there any more that might interest Peter Beadle?

"I hope not! I've got some good players over there. People will be interested in good players. Football works both ways. It's similar with Hereford, they will have good players clubs will be looking at.

"It's how the game works and you've got to deal with it."

How will Merthyr do this season?

"Obviously it's a bit unknown for me this being my first job but I know the players, I know the League so I hope we have a good season and it's important we start the season well.

"Hopefully I'll make a few appearances. I've had two knee operations last year but I've been playing pre-season so maybe twenty minutes as they come."