Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Friday, May 19, 2017

Fleetwood Joins Merthyr


Stuart Fleetwood After Scoring Against Crewe in March 2011 - Picture By Andy Compton

Former Hereford United striker Stuart Fleetwood has joined Merthyr Town.

Fleetwood told the Merthyr OS: "This feels like the perfect move and the perfect fit for me. I've been in contact with Gavin for a few Months and I'm thrilled to be joining a Club full of ambition. I know how challenging this league can be after spending a season on loan with Weymouth and I'm looking forward to joining up with the rest of the squad in pre-season"
 
Williams revealed "I'm delighted to announce that Stuart will be joining us next season. His experience and talent will be invaluable as we push towards ours goals. It's great to see that the club is making these steps in the right direction and that we are making positive progress both on and off the pitch"

Fleetwood, now 31, spent last season on loan at Weymouth scoring 17 goals.