Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Bowman Happy At Motherwell


Ryan Bowman With Harry Pell And A Swede
Former Hereford United striker Ryan Bowman says he's had to work hard for everything he's got in football.

Now enjoying his football with Motherwell, Bowman has played for Darlington and Hereford United. And whilst at each, he wasn't paid towards the end of his contract.

“I’ve had to work hard for everything I’ve got in football," Bowman told the Daily Record.

“I was at Darlington and doing well before they went bust for the third time in 2012. Around January that year, the money problems at the club surfaced – and it went downhill from there."

After Darlington Bowman tried his luck with Hereford.

“I scored 19 goals that season.

“We finished just a place away from the play-offs and had a good FA Cup run.

“But towards the end, the chairman decided not to put in any more money.

“They couldn’t get anyone else in quickly enough and the club went into administration before being liquidated.

“Now, they’re five leagues below as Hereford FC in the National League and trying to build again.

“I couldn’t believe it. Did I think about packing it in? No, because I always believed I was good enough to get another club whether it be at that level or even lower.

“Of course, some of the other boys I played with are now doing normal jobs away from football.

“But I think to myself: ‘I’d hate to be doing what he’s doing now.’

“A few of the boys have done well. Sam Clucas was at Hereford with me and has just moved from Hull to Swansea for £16million.

“The same goes for Marley Watkins who got a move to Norwich from Barnsley in the summer. I still keep in touch with them.

“But a few of the boys are grafting at nine-to-five jobs.

“At Motherwell, I’m getting to run out at Celtic Park and Ibrox, the players get our breakfast and dinner made for us and we get our kit and boots cleaned too.

“You don’t get anything like that down in the Conference.”