Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Friday, September 29, 2017

We're Not Massive Underdogs Says Hornchurch Manager


Ahead of tomorrow's FA Cup tie at Edgar Street, Hornchurch manager Jim McFarlane doesn't think they are 'massive underdogs'.

“I’ve been reading loads on the internet and on social media that we’re massive underdogs, I don’t buy that. Yes, we’re the underdog, but not a massive underdog,” McFarlane told the Romford Recorder.

“If we win there, which I think we’re more than capable of, I don’t think it would be classed as a giant-killing.

“Yes, they’re in a higher league and they’re a good side, but so are we, so we won’t be holding any fear.

“My assistant manager went down on Saturday and watched them at Weymouth, to give us a good indication of what we’re up against and we’ll work on a few things in training to counteract what he watched.

“We’ve also had a couple of reports from managers in the same league that I know, so our preparation has been good.

“We’re going down tonight, the club have paid for us to travel and stay over night to give us every fighting chance.”