Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Smith Feels At Home At Hereford

Smith steps up to take a penalty during Saturday's game

After scoring two of the four goals against Kettering yesterday, striker Lance Smith says he feels at home at Hereford.

It was a strong performance from Hereford yesterday, and Smith said it was game over with the score at 3-0 after just 15 minutes.

"We basically blew them out of the park, the game was done after three quick goals," Smith told BBC H&W's Trevor Owens.

"It was flowing and I think if anyone took a shot anywhere it would've gone in. It was the occasion, it could have been a different story if they'd got the first goal, but we wanted today to be a celebration.

"Beadle wants us to continue next Wednesday and Saturday as well, there's no point fizzling the season out, we need to go out in style and get as many points on the table as we can - see if we can break the record!"

Smith's first goal came from the spot following a foul on Mike McGrath, with the second following after half time.

"The second goal I enjoyed. The penalty - a couple of people wanted to take it off me and I said no. I missed one a couple of weeks ago so just wanted to redeem myself really.

"My mates have said I've got a good ratio, I think it's one every two or just under, I've just got to continue that if they want me next season."

Smith was at Evesham last season whose gates averaged 330, bolstered by the game. This season, Smith has been playing in front of almost eight times that.

"Throughout the year this now feels normal, I can relax and maybe that's why goals are going in. It's daunting when you come here in front of this but you've got to lap it up and I feel at home here."